Founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross in 1948, Stonehill is
a private Catholic college located just 22 miles from downtown
Boston on a beautiful 384-acre campus in Easton, Massachusetts.
With a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1, the College engages its
2,500+ students in 80+ rigorous academic programs in the liberal
arts, sciences, and pre-professional fields.
Faithful to the Holy Cross tradition in education, Stonehill
College is committed to developing the moral, spiritual,
intellectual, physical, and social competencies of its students and
seeks to build and sustain a campus community that embraces
diversity and inclusion in its teaching, learning, living, and
working. Stonehill values the diversity of persons, opinions, and
cultural and religious perspectives. In fulfillment of its motto,
Lux et Spes (“Light and Hope”), the College cultivates in its
students the competence to think, act, and lead with courage
towards creating a more just and compassionate world.
Manages a department or functional areas. Executes the
operational plan and leads operations of a single large
function/program. Is accountable for the success of the
Essential Duties &
- Work collaboratively with campus partners and division
leadership to develop and manage a residence life program housing
approximately 2,200 students.
- Create and implement a departmental vision and strategic plan
and conduct an ongoing assessment of the plan.
- Serve as a critical leader in fostering a campus culture in
which differences are embraced and work to advance the College’s
mission of diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and manage all budgets within the Residence Life
- Develop, formulate, and implement Residence Life policies and
- Oversee all student housing assignments and notifications, as
well as the room selection process for returning students and room
change processes during the year.
- Coordinate the professional staff recruitment and hiring
- Oversee professional staff training throughout the year, with
significant trainings held in August and January.
- Oversee the development and administration of the annual
Residential Experience survey for resident students and provide a
detailed summary of findings.
- Facilitate the spring Resident Assistant class with the
Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Chair the Residence Hall Improvement Committee and serve as a
member of the Needs Assessment Team, Enrollment Management
Committee, Retention Committee, Orientation Committee, First-Year
Experience Committee, Summer Planning Committee, Food Committee,
and other committees as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with Campus Ministry to support the
Residential Minister and Moreau Student Minister program within the
- Work with the Assistant Director and Coordinator of Housing
Operations to oversee the Special Interest Housing program, and
work with Academic Affairs to refine current and develop future
- Work with the Director of Accessibility Resources and other
colleagues to review and respond to requests for housing
- Serve as a student conduct hearing officer or as a College
Conduct Committee member or chairperson as needed.
- Participate in the staff on-call weekly rotation with other
assigned members of the Student Affairs staff.
- Attend weekly Student Affairs Directors meetings.
- Additional duties, projects, and committee work as
- Occasional evening/weekend hours required.
Education & Experience
A Master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of full-time
professional residence life/housing experience are required. A
history of progressively responsible positions in residence life is
required, with experience as a Residence Director strongly
preferred. Candidates should have experience supervising
professional and paraprofessional staff.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter
via the URL link:
Applicants who will
enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly
encouraged to apply. Stonehill
College is an equal opportunity employer committed to