Fairfield University is a co-educational, comprehensive Jesuit
university with a 200-acre campus located along the scenic
shoreline community of Fairfield, CT. The University is comprised
of approximately 3,500 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students
pursuing degrees within 5 schools: The College of Arts and
Sciences, The Charles F. Dolan School of Business, The School of
Engineering, The Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing and Health
Studies, and School of Education and Human Development. As an
expression of our Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity, Fairfield
embraces a liberal humanistic approach to education, encouraging
critical thinking, cultivating free and open inquiry, and fostering
ethical and religious values.
We are looking for a technically sound security architect to be
responsible for the design, building, testing, and implementation
of security systems within our IT network. This position will work
under the direction of the Chief Information Security Officer. The
security architect's responsibilities include reviewing our current
security measures, recommending enhancements, identifying areas of
weakness, and responding promptly to possible security breaches.
You will also be responsible for conducting regular system tests
and ensuring the continuous monitoring of the network's
To be a successful security architect, you should be experienced in
information security and IT risk assessment. This includes strong
hands on experience and understanding of hardware/systems,
protocols, authentication, and security methodologies. You should
also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be
able to work with a wide variety of people.
Security Architect Responsibilities:
- A thorough understanding of the organization's technology and
- Planning, researching, and designing security architectures, in
close collaboration with other IT teams.
- Developing, reviewing, and supporting the installation of LANs,
WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, identity and access management
system and related network devices.
- Researching and designing public key infrastructures,
certification authorities, and digital signatures, and ensuring all
personnel have IT access limited to their need and role in the
- Developing project timelines for system upgrades and preparing
- Testing the final security system and updating and upgrading it
- Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting
security breach drills.
- Responding quickly and effectively to all security incidents
and providing post-event analyses.
- Cultivating a sense of security awareness across the
- Remaining up to date with the latest security systems,
standards, authentication protocols, and products.
Security Architect Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in IT, computer science, or
- Advanced IT security certifications may be advantageous.
- 5-10 years' experience in information security and IT risk
- A strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security
implementations, and computer operating and software
- Hands on experience with solutions from key vendors such as
Cisco, Aruba, Proofpoint, Microsoft, Okta and Crowdstrike.
- The ability to interact with a wide range of people from
different backgrounds and business units within the
- Higher Education experience is a plus.
- Excellent teaching, problem-solving, communication, and
Pay Range: $118,364-$136,500.
This position is based at Fairfield University’s Fairfield, CT
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job. Duties may be changed and/or be added at any
ITS - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this
spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of
color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented
groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents
including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the
"My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV.
You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section.
You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all
documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If
you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine
them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable
contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you
need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to
upload or email them to email@example.com