Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in
Surrey International Institute, located on DUFE campus, is an
academic partnership between University of Surrey in the United
Kingdom and Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE) in
Dalian, China. Along with other distinguished specializations, Its
growing Accounting and Finance Programme have an established
Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in
1952, is one of the leading universities in China in the areas of
finance, economics, management and tourism.
While the role, as part of a highly international team of fellow
academics, is to teach University of Surrey programmes at Surrey
International Institute, the appointment will be made by Dongbei
University of Finance & Economics (DUFE).
The role will be required to teach accounting modules (such as
Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxation etc.) in the
BSc Accounting and Finance programme of University of Surrey
delivered at its SII campus in Dalian, China.
- At least a Master's degree with sufficient relevant working
experience or a doctoral degree in Accounting (or in a relevant
discipline at the time of appointment).
- Ability to deliver lectures and explain complicated concepts in
- Proven experience and capability to deliver high quality
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge and/or professional working
experience in relevant fields would be an advantage.
- Preferably holds a professional qualified or is at the finalist
stage: a) ACCA, b) CIMA, c) CFA, d)CPA Australia, e) AICPA, and f)
- Our ideal candidate will have proven university teaching and
research skills, along with relevant professional experience.
- Successful applicants will be appointed to either lecturer or
senior lecturer, depending on qualifications and experience. Those
with doctoral qualifications and strong research profiles may be
considered for higher ranks:
- Contributing to the development of the taught courses across
our undergraduate or postgraduate programs and the delivery of a
qualified student learning experience;
- Engaging in course design and management, curriculum review and
new course validation processes;
- Participating in and support the accreditation journey of the
school, providing teaching, learning and administrative support to
the school as a member of Accounting Department;
- Undertaking any such other duties within the scope of the post
as may be requested by the director.
- We are offering a very competitive salary package that matches
those of the best universities in China.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate's
qualifications and experience, but will compare favorably with
leading Chinese Universities.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants,
such as accommodation allowance, a relocation allowance, medical
insurance and paid leave.
- All academic faculties are encouraged to engage in research
activities and provide research funds for fieldwork, conference
attendance and rewards for publications in academic journals.
To apply, please send your CV, a brief covering letter, the main
page of your passport and two reference letters of former employers
Only the applicants who meet the selection criteria will
receive a reply from us.
Applications will be processed on receipt until the
posts are filled.
For further questions on the advertised positions, please
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)