Assistant Director, PO Marketing
Org Unit: PO Marketing
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Develops marketing strategy and programs for Weill Cornell
Medicine clinical services. This role designs and manages the Weill
Cornell Medicine Physician Organization's (PO) marketing activities
to achieve defined and approved marketing objectives supporting the
PO’s strategic growth goals, ensure the implementation of marketing
activities to targeted patient populations and referral sources for
the clinical practices, physicians and off-site locations and
collaborates with brand leader to maintain branding consistency
with the Weill Cornell Medicine master brand.
- Assists in the plan and design of a comprehensive and
multi-channel PO Marketing Strategy aimed at increasing the annual
number of new patients and attributed lives served by the PO’s
primary care and specialty care providers at all locations.
- Works with leadership of clinical departments to understand
existing marketing initiatives; establish priorities and create
plans, procedures, standards and methods to enhance awareness and
drive consumer and referring physicians to clinical services.
- Adopts and promotes the consistent use of the WCM brand
guidelines and PO policies. As needed, develops and recommends
PO-wide marketing policies and procedures to fulfill the PO
Marketing Strategy and the institution’s overall marketing
- Manages the development and approval of an annual PO marketing
budget. Manages relationships without side suppliers. Provides
campaign analytics to ensure that performance goals and metrics are
- Works to design and standardize PO/clinical websites under
overarching strategic website design. Monitors website performance
and ensures that website meets SEO standards. Assists in production
of video and other content for patient care website(s).
- Develops methods for measuring the performance and outcomes of
marketing activities; creates reports for leadership. Designs and
is responsible for the implementation of marketing initiatives
ensuring brand recognition and consistency with all locations.
- Develops and maintains a Reputation Management platform to
monitor patient satisfaction with Weill Cornell Medicine physicians
and practices. Develops a reporting system to keep providers aware
of patient comments and assists with problem cases.
- Ensures that access standards are met for patients requesting
appointments through marketing campaigns. Coordinates systems to
track marketing results. Assists practices with creating/updating
way finding and directional signage at their facilities.
- Provides advice and consultation on a variety of PO marketing
issues. Recommends marketing ideas to clinical departments and
services. Serves on committees and task forces.
- Directs the organization and execution of events and
sponsorship opportunities designed to showcase WCM practitioners in
key patient care catchment areas.
- Collaborates with External Affairs colleagues to ensure shared
marketing and communications objectives are met.
- Hires, leads, coaches, and trains support positions to aid in
implementing approved marketing strategies and tactics.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, healthcare administration,
business management or related field.
- Advanced degree in marketing, health care or business
- Approximately 8 or more years of experience in marketing health
care services and working with physicians in an academic medical
center and/or multi-specialty group practice environment.
- Experience managing and growing patient practices.
- Consulting or health care agency experience highly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled communicator who encourages honest, open dialogue at
all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented manager who is able to handle large volume of
assignments from multiple sources and yet accomplish objectives
using persuasion and consensus.
- Creative and collaborative individual willing to take a
“hands-on” approach to design and implement programs to enhance the
PO’s marketing performance while efficiently using resources.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Previous experience managing and mentoring staff.
- Thorough understanding of web marketing and demonstrated
success in using all forms of targeted outreach to optimize the
PO’s acquisition and retention of new patients.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver on
- Ability to seek and apply primary and secondary research
findings into short and long-term recommendations.
- Politically astute and respectful. Able to work effectively
with all levels of physician and administrative leadership.
- Previous experience managing an annual budget.
- A team player who is inclusive and contributes to building
unity behind a mission and specific initiatives. Negotiates
collaborative partnerships and welcomes growth and change.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Some weekend and evening work required in connection with
To apply, please visit:
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical
center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific
discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City
and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill
Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical
Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged
in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect
patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention
strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's
scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of
collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University;
to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical
degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and
Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York
City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at New
York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New
York-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and New
York-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work
together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or
illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our
patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine
is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine
provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, or genetic information.