COORDINATOR - ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES - PT
A Coordinator of Academic Support Services (PT) coordinates and
administers specific services and implements and executes processes
in support of non-credit programming for children and adults at
Daley’s main campus.
The coordinator works closely with students, instructors and
community partners to align the Continuing Education (CE)
programming with community needs and ensure that programs deliver
high-quality learning opportunities for families. The position
includes working about 20 hours a week, most of which will take
place during after-school hours and on Saturday mornings.
Additionally, this position also performs administrative activities
of a responsible and complex nature.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications - External
- Oversees Continuing Education enrollment workflow operations,
working closely with Admissions, Registrar, and other college
administrators in planning and ensuring CE course offerings are
scheduled and available during student registration.
- Assists prospective students inquiring about CE classes;
provides course information; completes registration cards to
register students. Responds to students’ complaints, working with
students, Instructors and college administrators to resolve
- Plans the schedule of CE classes for each term, working with
Director and key stakeholders to review past enrollment trends,
participating in the review of student and community needs for
specific CE classes, and determining class offerings for upcoming
- Schedules CE courses in Campus Solutions (CS9) for student
registration, entering course information including class section,
course description, room assignment, Instructor, and course fee.
Ensures classes are scheduled sequentially and follow a logical
order of presentation.
- Prepares and processes Instructors’ contracts for each term;
calculates Instructors rate of pay using District’s guidelines.
Confirms Instructors availability to teach scheduled classes, and
submits contracts to District’s Workforce Development for review
- Assists Instructors with their instructional needs including
ordering of required textbooks or equipment, reserving audio/visual
equipment; and ensuring Instructors receive needed support.
- Monitors registration activity for CE classes and cancels
classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment level goal. Ensure
students, Instructors, and other college personnel are informed of
- Prepares required forms and administrative paperwork for new CE
courses, working with District’s Workforce Development Office to
obtain Instructor rates, price/fee for new classes, and approval to
establish new course in college’s CE course schedule.
- Coordinates work efforts with District Office on marketing
strategies to promote CE courses and offerings. Creates flyers to
inform students and community of available CE course; staffs
information tables at college events to promote CE courses.
- Maintains files of completed attendance rosters submitted by
Instructors. Enters grades into Campus Solutions (CS9).
- Maintain and update college’s CE web page with current office
and course information.
- Oversees the administration of special CE offerings provided at
individual colleges such as Spring/Summer Day Camp for children;
aquatic programs, and cooking classes.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Business or Public Administration, Education, Public Policy, or a
- Three to five years of work experience in a responsible
administrative or program administrator role, preferably for a
non-for-profit or higher education institution.
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into
consideration based on the applicant’s credentials, provided the
minimum degree requirement is met.
- Strong collaborator who can work in a matrixed environment and
team setting to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Experience working in schools and with families highly