PROGRAM DIRECTOR (WELCOME BACK CENTER)
Part-Time Temporary, Grant Funded
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
Daley College’s Arturo Velasquez Institute (AVI), in collaboration
with the Chicago Bilingual Nurse Consortium (CBNC) established a
Welcome Back Center to assist internationally educated healthcare
professionals in continuing their professional careers in the U.S.
and bridging their professional practice in Illinois.
Using the Welcome Back Initiative (WBI) model, the Welcome Back
Center (WBC) at Daley College is the first Center in the Midwest
and expands CBNC’s work with internationally educated healthcare
professionals. The WBC is part of a national network of
international healthcare workers assistance centers, providing
information and resources to people who have received their formal
education and training in a health field outside of the U.S., who
live in the center’s respective state/area, and who would like to
enter the healthcare sector in the U.S.
*THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED TEMPORARY ROLE WITH EXPECTED
LENGTHOF ASSIGNMENT UNTIL JUNE 2022*
Reporting to the Director, Continuing Education, theProgram
Director – Welcome Back Center
provides leadership in the
management and operation of the Welcome Back Center, directing
staff and ensuring the provision of services to include
orientation, counseling and support to foreign-trained health
workers and support in obtaining appropriate professional
credentials and licenses, to effectively build a bridge between the
pool of internationally trained health workers and the need for
linguistically and culturally competent health services in
is responsible for creating and sustaining
an environment that is aware of and sensitive to the challenges
faced by internationally educated professionals, with a staff
committed to guiding clients toward licensure, exploring relevant
education programs and alternative career options, or reaching
their best. Performs related duties as required.
- Provides direct supervision to the Center’s staff and oversight
- Participates in strategic planning and related activities with
the Chicago Welcome Back Board of Advisors.
- Develops and updates annual program plans based on grants,
contract requirements, and candidates’ assessed needs.
- Builds networks and strategic alliances with community-based
organizations, public health clinics, hospitals, and educational
- Directs the grant writer in the identification and pursuit of
appropriate funding opportunities.
- Develops marketing and communication strategies to ensure the
identification of and recruitment of candidates.
- Oversees the preparation of progress and final reports as
required by funding sources.
- Coordinates the research and evaluation activities of the
program in collaboration with evaluation staff.
- Researches and advocates for needed policies at the local and
state levels related to the educational and professional needs of
the internationally educated candidates.
- Oversees the identification of, hiring, and supervision of
specialists/consultants to ensure the development of curricula
and/or teaching of specialized courses offered through the Chicago
Welcome Back Center.
- Plans and manages the Center’s operating budget.
- Engages in fundraising activities for the Center.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Education, Social Work, Healthcare Management or a related
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual/English/Spanish preferred
- Three years of relevant experience working in a management or
project manager role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of challenges facing
internationally educated professionals
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Thank you for your interest in CCC!