Admissions Officer I
The College of Journalism and Communications is seeking an
innovative and enthusiastic team member to help us recruit the next
generation of communication and media professionals and scholars to
one of the nation’s top graduate programs. Our program includes
on-campus and online master’s degrees, graduate certificates,
combined undergraduate and graduate degrees and one of the most
prominent Ph.D. programs in our field.
About the College of Journalism and Communications
Visit the “This is CJC” page to learn about The College of
Journalism and Communications: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/this-is-cjc/
About the Graduate Division:
This position will serve the Division of Graduate Studies and
Research within the College of Journalism and Communications. To
learn more about the graduate division, click here: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/graduate/
About The Opportunity:
This position will assist with recruiting, onboarding and
coordinating admission of graduate students to educational programs
of the College: review documentation of undergraduate, graduate,
and/or transfer students to ensure completeness of applications.
Monitor progress of applicants; coordinate processing, mailings,
and other related documentation. Interact with prospective
students, counselors, and academic units; support recruitment
activities; assist with the application review process.
Supports recruitment for all master’s and Ph.D. students.
- Understands all admissions requirements and serves as an expert
communicator about all graduate program offerings including
combination degree programs, faculty expertise, curriculum, and
- Answers all admissions inquiries (phone and email) in a timely
manner with excellent customer service to support recruiting
- Effectively communicates information to prospects regarding all
College of Journalism and Communications programs including online
and on-campus programs at the undergraduate and graduate
- Coordinates processing, mailings and other related
Manages applications and admissions processes.
- Communicates with prospects and applicants throughout
- Coordinates approvals and addresses issues raised by the
central UF Admissions office.
- Ensures completeness of application files.
- Routes applications to appropriate faculty for review and
ensures timely faculty review of applications.
- Ensures compliance and coordination with UF Graduate School on
all aspects of application processing.
- Tracks applicant, admission and enrollment data and prepares
Internal communication with faculty, staff, other UF units.
- Maintains knowledge of faculty areas of expertise and serves as
liaison to graduate faculty coordinators and degree program
directors in admissions process.
- Liaises with UF Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge of student support services
including financial aid, career services and more.
Event participation and planning.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
- Coordinates Ph.D. applicant spring visitations.
- Coordinates new student orientation events.
- Travels within and out of state and/or participates in online
recruitment activities such as conducting information sessions at
four-year colleges, graduate school fairs, and association meetings
on and off-campus.
- Tracks all recruitment-related expenses and follows university
The College of Journalism and Communications embraces diversity as
a shared responsibility among faculty, staff and students and
strives for tangible expressions of this responsibility. We are
committed to fostering a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment
for individuals of all races, genders, nationalities, religions,
sexual orientations, identities and abilities to express their
culture and perspectives through the art and science of journalism
$36,000.00 - $42,000.00
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work
collaboratively and effectively across divisions and in a
culturally diverse environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)
- Proficiency with CRM and related technical systems for
recruiting, monitoring and enrollment
- Experience with Salesforce software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Work Location, Hours and Details:
- Must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered
- Work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with 60-minutes for
- This is an office-based position located in Weimer Hall on the
main UF campus.
- Must be able to carry boxes up to 40lbs. and stand for extended
periods of time.
*Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting
Health Assessment Required: