Williams College Children’s Center is pleased to announce training
opportunities for those interested in developing a career in
providing quality child care and education. This is a full-time,
year-round, regular appointment. The Williams College Children’s
Center has a warm and inviting program with state-of-the-art
facilities developed expressly for early childhood education.
Williams College employs individuals who respect, are eager to
learn about, and have a willingness to accept the many ways of
living in the world. Individuals with a commitment to working in a
culturally sensitive and enriching environment and who reflect the
increasing diversity of Williams families and community are
encouraged to apply.
Who We Are?
- We are energetic, passionate teachers who believe children are
capable and active learners
- We believe relationships between children, teachers, and
families are essential to and the foundation of all early childhood
- We believe the environment, both the classroom and the natural,
support, guide, and enhance children’s exploration and
- We believe we are all learners together
Who We Are Looking For?
- Someone who is excited to learn about and respond to children’s
interests and strengths
- Someone who enjoys being part of a team and working
collaboratively and who is ready to enthusiastically participate in
school-wide inquiry and development
- Someone who believes children learn best through play and
project-based emergent curriculum
- Someone who is enthusiastic to interact with children,
families, and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds
What We Have to Offer?
- Full coverage of Child Development coursework enabling you to
obtain your teacher certification
- Pays $16.75 per hour with generous benefits including health
and dental care, tuition support, and other great incentives as an
employee of Williams College
- Commitment to advancing our teacher’s professional practice,
development, education, and career in early childhood
- Teaching teams of three teachers in each classroom with regular
scheduled team planning time, teacher preparation time, and support
meetings with directors
- Eligible for promotion to Children’s Center Teacher upon
obtaining certification with pay starting at $17.50 per hour
- Education or experience in early childhood education beneficial
but not required
- Candidates must meet the teacher certification requirements
established by the Department of Early Education and Care within 12
months of beginning employment
- Some knowledge of early education and care principles and
developmentally appropriate practices
Application review is ongoing. Pay is $16.75 per hour. Job band 17.
Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of
background information submitted by the applicant, including the
completion of a criminal record check, and education when
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination,
Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and
thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If
reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please feel free to contact us via
phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.