Physician-Primary Care (MOVMG) - 133
WVU Medicine is seeking a board certified or board eligible Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Medicine-Pediatrics physicians for a primary care opportunity in Parkersburg, WV for our Mid-Ohio Valley Medical Group clinic.
The Department of Community Practice is not an ordinary primary care setting. With WVU Medicine you can take advantage of:
• Employment with a unique and competitive compensation model including an attractive benefits package
• Provide quality care in private practice like settings in local communities with the opportunity to utilize the resources of a prestigious academic medical center
• Integrated system that assists providers with routine tasks and mandated regulations allowing you to focus on patients, families, and complex medical decision making
Successful candidates must have an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license. Candidates must be board certified or eligible in family medicine, internal medicine or med-peds. Salary and rank are based on qualifications and experience.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. WVU Medicine includes the physicians, specialists, and sub-specialists of the West Virginia University School of Medicine; four community hospitals; three critical access hospitals; and a children’s hospital, all anchored by a 645-bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 15,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
Nestled within a community of about 90,000 residents, the city of Parkersburg is centrally located in the Mid-Ohio Valley along the Ohio River. Parkersburg and Wood County provide low crime rates, low commuting times and state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, combined with lower-than-average cost of living, excellent education systems and an abundance of close-proximity outdoor activities. The area is a premier choice to raise a family, retire, or just enjoy a better overall quality of life. Because of its convenient location, Parkersburg is a short drive to multiple major metropolitan areas such as Columbus, OH and Pittsburgh, PA.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit http://wvumedicine.org/morgantowncareers.
For additional questions, please contact Kari Roupe, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com
WVU & UHA are AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)