The Coordinator of Student Support and Care is responsible for
serving as an advocate and resource for students by providing
individualized support and coaching for students experiencing
challenges including, but not limited to, financial aid, student
life, advising, academic support, and basic needs. Reporting to the
Executive Director for Support Programs, this individual is
responsible for evaluating and coordinating gaps in support and
assisting students in accessing resources that will contribute to
Please see Staff Compensation Structure
Skilled Crafts and Service
Maintenance Compensation Schedule
for salary ranges. For salary
grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are
determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a resource liaison for the Division of Access,
Diversity and Inclusion.
2. Provide services for students who are experiencing life
stressors and encountering barriers that impede success by
coordinating prevention, intervention and support efforts.
3. Responsible for working closely with campus partners, including
Dean of Students Office, Housing and Residence Life, Counseling
Center, Financial Aid, International Institute, Office of Student
Success and any other units necessary for student support.
4. Serve as the Chair of the Student Support and Care Network which
will coordinate support and resources to support the holistic
well-being of students.
5. Provide ongoing follow-up with students to ensure continuity of
support and evaluate successes.
6. Input information into university-wide electronic system to
share information with campus partners.
7. Maintain an updated directory of community resources available
8. Prepare annual reports and weekly reports on student
9. Other related duties as required or assigned.
Received: Receives supervision from the Executive Director for
Given: Full supervisory Graduate Assistant and student
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
Focus: Social Work, Counseling or field/discipline related to the
Experience (yrs.) 1 year of experience directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proficient with technology
2. Experience working with students in crisis
3. Knowledge of care management
4. Ability to lead high initiatives from conception to
5. Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks
6. Independent, self-starter with strong work ethic
7. Excellent verbal and written skills
8. Excellent presentation skills
9. Demonstrated strong commitment to serving students with diverse
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of
files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable
2. Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond
one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficulty to
anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few
days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities
are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar
interactions involving emotion issues or stress on a regular
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking,
hearing, handling objects with hands.
4. Ability to occasionally work weekends and long hours.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online by completing application which
includes the complete contact information for at least three
professional references. Please attach cover letter and
Condition of Employment:
As required by Executive Order 14042, If selected, you will be
required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation
of proof of vaccination or apply for and receive a
University-approved exemption before beginning employment with the
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender
identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status
protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and
applications from women, members of any minority group, and others
who share our passion for building a diverse community that
reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please
contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the
Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713
request, sections of this job listing are available in large print,
and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.