A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for an exempt, 0.5 FTE
dental hygienist instructor on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The dental
hygienist will conduct patient care, teaching, scholarly and
service activities in support of the mission, goals and objectives
of the School and University with primary responsibility to
facilitate the students’ clinical experience from foundational
knowledge and clinical skills to demonstrating competency in
patient-centered care that integrates biomedical, behavioral and
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality, commitment to
diversity and social justice, and humanistic learning
- Provide coverage and aid in the Radiology department acquiring
images and teaching practices to the students.
- Conduct patient care, teaching, scholarship, service and in
support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU.
- Provide direct patient care and clinical supervision as a
dental hygienist in the CCUs or other ASDOH clinics; effectively
carry out lecture, seminar, preclinical and clinical assignments as
- Participate in committees, faculty governance, professional
societies and associations, and community events.
- As workload allows, establish and maintain activity in area of
- Deliver direct dental hygiene services and patient care to
patients in the ASDOH clinics.
- Coordinate care with CCUs and Assistant/Associate Dean for
Clinic Operations to implement a periodontal maintenance program to
support ASDOH Predoctoral patients.
- Interact with the students while performing hygiene duties and
simulation of the office practice setting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene.
- Minimum five years' experience in the provision of dental
hygiene patient care.
- Valid Arizona dental hygiene and local anesthesia license.
- Academic experience in clinical education preferred.