TO APPLY visit www.flsouthern.edu/jobs
and complete the College's online application form.
Florida Southern College invites applications for a full-time,
tenure-track Assistant Professor of Communication position with
specialization in multimedia journalism. The position start date is
August 2022. Florida Southern College is nationally recognized for
its commitment to engaged learning.
Primary teaching responsibilities include the
- A range of undergraduate courses in broadcast journalism,
multimedia journalism, and media writing as well as core courses
that support the communication major.
- Student advising is also required of the position.
- The successful candidate will participate in and maintain an
appropriate scholarly and/or creative agenda.
- Serve as faculty advisor for student TV and radio
- Be an active participant in the life of the College.
Education and Work Experience:
- Qualified candidates will have a terminal degree in a
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Candidates with professional experience in broadcast
- Experience working with digital editing software are preferred.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. To ensure full
consideration, applicants should submit the following by December
- A letter of application
- A Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information for three professional
- Unofficial transcripts