This recruitment will be used to fill one full-time Campus
Security/Public Safety Officer position at OSU-Cascades. This
position will be located in Bend, Oregon.
This position falls within the Facilities & Operations
Department in Bend. Public Safety supports the Facilities and
Operations Department and Transportation Manager in operations for
the overall safety and well-being of the students, faculty, staff,
and visitors to the campus. This position will provide the
successful candidate with the opportunity to be a part of a growing
team and assist in ensuring the safety and well-being of all
individuals on the OSU-Cascades campus, as we continue to
The mission of OSU-Cascades Public Safety is to:
• Ensure the safety and security of
all who come to OSU-Cascades to learn, work or visit.
• Protect the property of OSU-Cascades and the personal property of
students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus.
• Promote student success by maintaining a welcoming environment
conducive to the educational process.
The OSU-Cascades campus may staff special campus security
officers as defined in ORS352.118. Campus Security / Public Safety
Officers operate as “persons in charge” as defined in ORS 164.205
and act within the scope authorized by University management.
OSU-Cascades, located in Bend, Ore., is a branch campus of
Oregon State University. Established in 2001, the university
currently enrolls more than 1,200 students in bachelor’s and
master’s degree programs. The campus expanded to a four-year
university in 2015, opened its 10-acre campus in fall 2016, and the
Oregon legislature approved additional funding in 2017 and 2018 for
continued campus expansion. The branch campus has ambitious
enrollment goals to reach 3,000 students by 2025 and is engaged in
building a culturally diverse and community-centric educational
• Be at least twenty-one years of
• Possess and maintain a current, valid Oregon driver’s license
within 30 days of appointment to the position.
• Possess and maintain first aid, AED and CPR certification, or
obtain within 30 days of appointment to the position.
• Possess and maintain certification for Law Enforcement Data
Systems (LEDS), or obtain within 90 days of appointment to the
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Successfully pass an extensive background check.
• Understand and demonstrate knowledge of OSU-DPS administrative
policies, procedures, rules and guidelines within 6-month trial
To apply: please visit https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/108736
OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled