The Business Analyst provides strategic leadership and direction
to the College’s effort to maximize and develop new academic and
professional business and grow existing business in line with the
strategic plan of the College. This role requires strong
institutional awareness and excellent communication both externally
and cross-functionally within the organization. It offers a unique
opportunity to develop several of the service divisions of the
College as well as to collaborate with others in enrollment
- Oversee, consult to and expand existing business activities of
- Collaborate with the President, Vice Presidents, Staff and
Faculty to create new business opportunities for William James
- Research and develop business plans that can guide the creation
of new academic business.
- Create strong external relationships to build partnerships that
allow the college to implement new programs or improve existing
- Work closely with senior management to ensure a unified
approach to business development.
- Monitor, analyze and anticipate market trends to identify new
programs and emerging/ enhanced partnership opportunities
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategic plans
to achieve desired new business goals based on identified new and
potential opportunities that are consistent with the Mission and
Strategic Plan of the College.
- Provide senior management with accurate and timely information
about business development results on a continuing basis to
facilitate informed decision-making
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet the
College’s goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in
business development, strategic planning and general
- Experience at an institution of higher education is preferred
but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the
ability to write concisely, express thoughts clearly, and develop
ideas in a logical sequence.
- Exceptional project management skills, the ability to balance
complex demands and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment with
tact and diplomacy and the interpersonal skills required to
accomplish complex projects.
- Ability to serve as an ambassador to the College.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and with a high drive to
- Applicant must be able to assume employment in the U.S. without
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and
resume to Ms. Michelle Costa, Human Resources Recruiting Manager at
Inclusive Excellence Statement
William James College is an institution and a community
committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for
all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity,
equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional
functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both
locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening
communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development
of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an
increasingly complex, pluralistic society.