The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is recruiting for a
Scholarship and Program Funds Coordinator opening to support
student enrollment, retention, and success at VCU. Reporting to the
Assistant Director of Scholarship Management, the Coordinator
manages processing scholarships and state grant programs in
coordination with unit staff and campus partners.
• Ensures scholarship and grant awards are established, setup, and
entered into the Banner student information system in an accurate
and timely manner.
• Certify academic and other eligibility requirements are met for
award entry or renewing.
• Manages the ongoing functions of scholarship management including
reviewing award rosters from spreadsheets, running reports, and
logging into third party agencies to validate scholarship and grant
• Strives to improve and automate processes to enhance office
service and provide efficient operations.
• Completes enrollment verification forms for state agencies to
validate enrollment for aid programs.
• Reviews and adjusts financial aid awards to prevent over-awards
or exceed financial need based upon unique scholarship and grant
• Liaises with other VCU departments and schools to manage
scholarships, ensure consistent and accurate processing, resolve
concerns, and provide timely responses to colleague
• Communicate timely with students and parents about questions
related to scholarship and grant eligibility concerns.
• Utilize Blackbaud Award Management to assist with creating,
awarding, and updating scholarship information for the Rams
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience in a high-volume, customer-oriented office
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to excel within a
complex, high volume operation with a high degree of
• Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations.
• Ability to understand VCU polices regarding tuition payment
deadlines, on-campus housing, and meal charges.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with
constituents of the University.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
staff member at VCU.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience within major areas of higher education financial aid
and scholarship business process and operations.
• Experience using student information systems such as Banner, CPS,
COD, ElmSelect software to process financial aid.
• Demonstrated experience supporting office projects toward
successful and timely resolutions to drive student enrollment,
retention, and success.
• Experience using Blackbaud Award Management for managing
University Job title: Student Services Specialist 1 (35221)
Position will remain open through November 4, 2021
Salary Range: up to $40,000
Department: Financial Aid
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt
Contact Name: Meredith Lane
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org