NTTR Faculty and Clinical Coordinator, Cardiovascular Perfusion
College of Health and Human Services
Full Time or Part Time?
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
Purpose of Position
Northern Kentucky University’s ( NKU ) School of Allied Health,
within the College of Health & Human Services, is seeking a
Cardiovascular Perfusion faculty and inaugural Clinical Coordinator
to serve in the Master of Science Cardiovascular Perfusion program.
NKU, a growing metropolitan university located 7 miles from
Cincinnati, is a university known to it’s faculty and students for
its commitment to diversity (82% of students and 71% of faculty has
rated NKU as being very dedicated to diversity). NKU and the
Cardiovascular Perfusion program is particularly interested in
culturally competent candidates who, through their teaching
experiences and academic involvement, will contribute to the
diversity and excellence of the university.
This clinical coordinator position will have teaching
responsibilities and oversee all clinical aspects of the program in
collaboration with the program director, including the development
of relationships with clinical partners to provide excellence in
cardiovascular perfusion education opportunities. This position
will require aspects of service and commitment not only to the
program, but also to the College of Health & Human Services, by
serving on various committees when needed.
Experience in clinical practice is required and teaching experience
is preferred. This is a 12-month non-tenure track renewable faculty
- Teach face-to-face and/or online courses in the program, as
assigned, some of which may be off-campus at area clinical
- Recruit and maintain clinical sites, coordinate clinical
contracts, and obtain qualified preceptors at each clinical
- Establish and maintain working relationships with staff within
the clinical sites.
- Participate in student recruitment, selection, guidance,
instruction, and evaluation.
- Support the program director in accomplishing the outcomes of
the program related to planning, implementation, and evaluation of
- Work with the program director in course development.
- Implement the clinical portion of the program in accordance
with the accreditation standards as defined by the CAAHEP and work
with the program director to obtain initial programmatic
- Participate in the community advisory committee for the program
and various other committees as needed
- Provide direction and guidance for advancing the University’s
strategic priorities of inclusive excellence and student retention
Additional qualifications include:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution recognized by
the US Secretary of Education at the time the degree was
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience as a
- Preferred two (2) years of experience as an instructor in an
accredited educational program and/or as a clinical
preceptor,ORexperience in instructional methodology,
curriculum design, program planning and counseling.
- Commitment to the mission of NKU, College of Health and Human
Services, and Program.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication and organizational
- Demonstrated commitment to intercultural competence, inclusive
excellence, and initiatives that advance the success of
- Ability to create and maintain collegial relationships with
internal and external team members.
- Active engagement in professional organizations.
- Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to
go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated
by state law.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application