At Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT), the Dean of Instruction
is an executive level position, a member of the President’s
Cabinet, and reports to the Associate Vice President for Student
and Academic Success. She/he will have broad instructional
oversight, interface with senior staff from enrollment management
and workforce, and collaborate with division/department chairs and
faculty. Her/his primary responsibilities are to assist with
mission-attainment, increasing enrollment and student success,
developing and expanding (credit, non-credit, dual credit)
programming, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a positive workplace culture, provide professional
development opportunities, and conducts annual employee performance
- Develop innovative initiatives that remove institutional
barriers, excite students, and better promote teaching and learning
- Interface with finance and operations to budget for classroom
tools and cutting-edge technology.
- Partner with regional businesses, industry, and local employers
to ensure that current programs will meet future workforce
- Ensure division/department chairs, program directors, faculty,
and staff accountability.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the college
catalog, faculty handbook, student handbook, schedule of courses,
and other related documents.
- Prepare and submit reports as needed related to curriculum,
assessment, enrollment management, and instructional policies.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Served as lead faculty, department chair, division chair, or
- An earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited
- Have community college or technical college experience.
- Knowledge of SACS, THECB, ACGM, and GIPWE
This position requires the ability to: remain in a stationary
position for most of the time; occasionally move about inside an
office to access documents, office equipment, etc.; and constantly
operate a computer or other office equipment, such as a printer or