Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Assistant Athletic Director/Development Coordinator
Plan and coordinate special athletic fundraising and cultivation
events. Provide oversight of the seat licensing and priority points
system, athletic fundraising, and general office support.
1. Oversee all event registration, billing, deposits, and
promotional materials. Work donor events (events may be after
hours/weekends). Process event logistics for athletic development
events. Meet with vendors and other campus offices to design and
procure all event needs. Manage mailing for events, including time
sequencing, preparation, etc. Coordinate calendar submission
timelines with Marketing & Communications, as needed to allow
for proper design/production lead time and follow-up for
collaterals, including invitations, programs, awards, signage, etc.
Proofread all drafts for language, layout, consistency, branding,
and accuracy. Coordinate with Institutional Advancement and the
Athletic business office on all budgetary issues. Process invoices
and bills and reconcile expenses.
2. Assist in all aspects of athletic fundraising with particular
emphasis on securing annual gifts to the Friar Forever Athletic
Fund. Devise strategies for the engagement and comprehensive
solicitation of prospects. Assist in the identification and
cultivation of individual prospects. Develop and create
solicitation initiatives for all programs. Work directly with
coaches on sport specific solicitation programs and events.
3. Oversee all aspects of the seat licensing and priority points
system, as well as oversee, coordinate, and monitor the Champions
Club Room at the Dunkin Donuts Center, and the Friends of Friar
Hockey Room at Schneider Area. Work with the ticket office and gift
processing office to track all seat licensing gifts and pledges.
Collaborate with OIA and the athletics staff to efficiently
maintain donor recognition efforts and support efforts of building
and enhancing the department’s stewardship program.
4. Oversee and update all aspects of the
Friars.com/friarsforeverathleticfund.com website. Manage the
Graduate Assistant and assist the Administrative Assistant with
monitoring of student office hours and projects, and provide
training and oversight regarding their responsibilities.
Perform all other duties as may be required
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Two to four years’ relevant experience in a fundraising office,
preferably an athletic setting, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Team player with top notch organizational skills and the
ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft
Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
and Banner software
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential
information, take initiative, work independently, and be
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
with donors, volunteers, and constituents
- Advanced working knowledge of word processing and database
- Ability to work independently and under deadline pressure and
to prioritize assignments
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- * We require all employees to be vaccinated. Are you vaccinated
or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation