COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT I – ADULT EDUCATION
The Adult Education Department is seeking a Part-Time College
Clerical Assistant. Truman college is one of the largest of the
City Colleges of Chicago, and has the largest English as a Second
Language and GED program in Illinois with more than 12,000 students
- Prepares routine records, memos and forms; proofs completed
assignments for errors and makes appropriate corrections; maintains
office and student record files in alphabetical and/or numerical
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and distributes to appropriate
personnel or office; answers telephones, takes messages and
transfers calls; provides general information to students regarding
registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and
campus policies and procedures.
- Collates materials such as exams, classroom handouts, faculty
lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and
- Operates basic office equipment; prepares order requisitions
for needed office supplies and materials; and may assist during
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required. Some
clerical and word processing experience preferred.
- Must be available to work from 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday
through Thursday, and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions; and ability to
operate a personal computer.
- Skill in basic filing; and good verbal communication
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.