This position is for NAU benefit eligible employees only and
will be responsible for overseeing both the Mountain Campus and
State-Wide support teams.
Following strategic direction form the Chief Information
Officer, this position is responsible for managing a professional
staff charged with providing end-user or client computing support
to the NAU community. Functions include Student Technology Center
providing student help desk and lab support, Solution Center
faculty and staff help-desk support, and technical support for
hardware and software for clients. This person is expected to work
cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of the overall
Leadership team for the Information Technology Services Department
- Provide leadership and vision to the Student Technology Center,
Solution Center and Desktop Support teams. Responsible for goal
setting and developing staff.
- Responsible for setting goals for the Service Desk and Tech
Support work unit that align with the mission of NAU, and
organizing resources to achieve the goals.
- Create a service-oriented climate among the Service Desk and
Tech Support staff.
- Supervise highly accomplished professional staff.
- Provide guidance and consistency in policy and procedure
- Represent the Service Desk & Tech Support unit on various
committees and work groups
(20%) Department Liaison and Representative:
- Collaborate with areas within ITS, and the NAU community, to
identify and/or promote needed partnerships and collaborations in
order to provide services needed to NAU.
- Seek opportunities to promote innovative use of technology in
support of the mission of NAU.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and management trends
in higher education to enable promoting new ideas in support of the
mission of NAU.
- Through executive collaboration, develop and implement service
level agreements throughout campus on behalf of CIO.
- Develop and implement effective means of communicating about
services to the NAU community. Inform the NAU community about
changes in computing services, policies, training programs, and
other issues that affect the end user community.
- Responsible for appropriate and timely communication with
Information Technology Services Leadership Team and NAU technology
- Responsible for establishing and reporting performance metrics
(quantitative and qualitative) on the performance and effectiveness
- Responsible for area budget.
- Ensure effective and complete use of current technical
resources and products.
- On-call 24x7 as needed.
- Performs duties of a related nature as assigned by the
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field;
- 3-5 years of management experience; AND,
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or
- Master’s Degree or PhD in computer science or related
Please see nau.jobs for
full job descriptions and details on how to apply
online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.