Senior Director of Marketing and Creative
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by
Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution
focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system
and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher
Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY
Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate,
bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in
every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 50-year commitment to flexible, individualized
learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students
throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to
build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning
gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and
social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery
methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The
college boasts more than 89,000 successful alumni and partners
with nearly 16,000 students each year who want to expand their
personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a
multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All
qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse
faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to
live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation
and benefits package. We also offer professional-development
activities for professionals and support staff, as well as
faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of
disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of
teaching and learning, and leadership development.
Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic
Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and
SUNY Empire State College seeks a Senior Director of Marketing
and Creative Services (State Title: Staff Associate) to join the
Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) team at our Saratoga
Springs location. The Senior Director of Marketing and Creative
Services reports to the Assistant Vice President of Communications,
Marketing and Government Relations (AVP). This individual is
responsible for supporting the college's recruitment (lead
generation) and retention efforts, and brand awareness, both
inbound and outbound, by ensuring marketing efforts and creative
services are strategically aligned and supportive of the college's
overall strategic mission and vision.
The incumbent will work closely with the AVP, OCM, the Office of
Enrollment Management (OEM), recruitment team, and other internal
stakeholders to ensure a holistic marketing strategy is implemented
that supports the college's short and long-term strategic goals.
This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and tracking
success of marketing and advertising efforts in across all
platforms, including broadcast, digital, print, and other arenas as
required. Will direct and oversee work of the marketing &
creative services team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the AVP to develop a strategic marketing plan
to support the college's, OCM's, and OEM's mission and vision.
- Manage the marketing and creative services team to ensure there
is collaboration and consistency amongst the team.
- Hire, train, and mentor staff, and ensure maximum departmental
impact through ongoing performance management and routine
discussions on competencies, results, growth strategies and
- Oversee marketing and other appropriate budgets to emphasize
maximum departmental and college success.
- Manage day-to-day marketing and creative service operations
prioritizing work to meet college-wide strategic goals;
streamlining processes and workflows; ensuring deadlines are met
and tracking budget allocations.
- Ensure best practices are aligned to promote the college's
message and to build brand.
- Identify and apply best practices to SEO to increase website
traffic, lead conversion and printed materials that align to the
college's overall vision and mission.
- Assist with the utilization and implementation of any CRMs to
ensure alignment, consistency and utilization within marketing and
- Set direction for PPC campaigns and identify optimization
opportunities with a focus on KPIs for recruitment as well as
provide information back to recruiters and other applicable
stakeholders using CRM data.
- Assist with the implementation and utilization of SMS
recruitment services and campaigns to ensure alignment,
consistency, and branding.
- Work directly with Executive Directors, recruitment services,
and channel recruiters to identify advertising opportunities and to
ensure alignment with marketing campaigns and initiatives to
support acquisition and lead conversion.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible leadership
positions in marketing, preferably in higher education
- Experience in managing a diverse cross functional team
- Possess strong skills in critical-thinking, problem-solving and
- Expert knowledge of digital technologies (SEM, Display,
- Experience using CRM and CMS tools and social media platforms
- 5 years of experience in digital marketing, preferably in
- 3 years of media buying experience, including mobile/digital
- 2 years of experience working with advertising words campaigns
such as Google, Yahoo & Bing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting that promotes both
teamwork and independence
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and proficient in Adobe products (InDesign, etc.)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/priorities and
situations, adept with multi-tasking, and prioritize projects
- Master's degree in Marketing, business or other related
- This position may involve occasional travel, nights and
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rank/Salary: SL4/$82,000 (Commensurate with
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME
STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100,
ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY
WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: The review of Applications
will begin immediately and will be accepted until position is
If you are interested in applying for this position, please
submit the following documents, which are required for
consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references