The purpose of this class is to assist students in their academic
progress and in developing skills to be independent learners.
Mentors other Tutors.
Multiple vacancies are available at multiple locations:
Catonsville, Dundalk, Essex, and Owings Mills
Shift Schedule: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm; Some evenings until 7pm;
Saturday 10am-2pm 'Subject to change'.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Bachelor’s degree required with GPA of 3.0 or higher in the
course(s) to be tutored.
- Six (6) months full time or Twelve (12) month part time
experience providing corporate training, instruction, advising,
academic support services, academic skills assessment and/study
skills instruction, tutoring at CCBC, non-profit tutoring programs
or another accredited institution.
- Experience creating content specific instructional
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- In the event remote working is required, access to internet and
a computer with a webcam and microphone is required.
- Comfortable using specific applications and project management
tools such as but not limited to Microsoft Office, and willingness
to learn quickly any new applications that help improve performance
for the job.
- Provides one-on-one, small group and/or online instructional
assistance to students.
- Plans and prepares for tutorial sessions by reviewing course
materials, researching and/or creating content specific
instructional materials, researching on-line resources.
- Documents time spent with each student and identifies material
- Participates in orientation and Tutor training.
- Mentors, observes, and evaluates other tutors as assigned.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are
not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Tutors for subjects in accounting, business, biological and
physical science, computing science, psychology, and college-level
math preferred. In what subject areas/courses are you qualified and
willing to tutor?
Please attach an electronic copy of college transcripts.
Please indicate which campus(es) you would prefer to work Online:
Catonsville, Essex, Dundalk or Owings Mills.