Medical Assisting Adjunct Faculty to teach day, evening, weekend,
and online courses in the Medical Assisting Associate of Applied
Science degree program. Adjunct Faculty are selected based on the
needs of the program, applicant proficiency, course availability,
and student enrollment.
Adjunct pay level 1 - $855 per credit hour.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Five (5) years of career experience as a Medical
- Five (5) years of teaching or training experience.
- Computer hardware and software proficiency.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and
- Provides group, one-on-one and/or online instruction to
- Plans and prepares lessons in accordance with course
- Conducts office hours.
- Attends department and School of Health Professions
Essential duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not
intended to be all-inclusive.
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.