This position is an adjunct dental hygiene clinical instructor with
dental hygiene students during clinical rotations on campus. Under
the supervision of the Dental Hygiene Program Director and working
directly with the dental hygiene clinic coordinator, clinical
dental hygiene instructors will be responsible for the dental
hygiene clinical instruction in the areas of dental hygiene care
process including clinical skills and evaluation of clinical
procedures. In addition to these responsibilities, dental hygiene
clinical instructors will find themselves performing as role models
for students and public relations with patients. On occasion, an
instructor will need to give direct patient care, such as removing
a difficult area of calculus, as part of a teaching-learning
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and three
years clinical dental hygiene practice or currently enrolled in a
baccalaureate degree program at an accredited institution and three
years clinical dental hygiene practice or associate degree in
dental hygiene with 10 years of clinical dental hygiene
2. Licensed to practice Dental Hygiene in the State of Maryland, or
be eligible for licensure.
3. Licensed to provide local anesthesia and monitor nitrous oxide
as outline in the Maryland State Dental Practice Act.
4. Knowledgeable of current technologies in clinic and appropriate
to the area of instruction.
5. Possess knowledge of, and demonstrates proficiency in, current
concepts in dental hygiene, dental hygiene education, clinical
instruction, general dentistry, and clinical practice.
Class Specific Essential Duties
1. Fulfills department and College responsibilities as directed by
the program director and/or Dean of the School of Health
Professions and abides by College and department policies and
2. Ensures that instruction meets or exceeds standards established
by the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation.
3. Upholds expected standards of professionalism, quality, and
ethics and in so doing serves as a role model for students.
4. Remains in clinic for the duration of all clinical
5. Employs a variety of teaching methods in order to meet the
varied learning styles of students.
6. Supervises all care/treatment plans developed by students and
approved by clinic faculty as outlined in the Maryland State Dental
7. Supervises and grades clinical monitor duties performed by
8. Administers and grades clinical skills in accordance with course
objectives identified in the course syllabus.
9. Monitors student performance on a periodic basis and provides
feedback to students in a reasonable amount of time.
10. Follow the dental hygiene student clinic handbook policies and
procedures and works in partnership with faculty and program
director to update as needed.
11. Provide consultation on medical histories of new and recall
12. Supervises students during the administration of local
anesthesia and monitoring of nitrous oxide for clinic
13. Work in partnership with dental hygiene supervising dentist to
authorize radiographs to meet patient's needs.
14. Evaluate and grade dental radiographs, adjunctive oral clinical
skills in accordance with course objectives.
15. Respond to emergency situations and implements emergency
16. Share information about students' needs, attendance and
achievements with the director and other faculty members.
17. Assume responsibility for own continuing education by
participation in workshops, seminars, regional and/or national
18. Attend regularly scheduled department meetings.
19. Participate in trainings, orientations and college required
20. Assist in dental hygiene program accreditation process.
21. Perform other duties delegated by the Faculty Program Director
of Dental Hygiene.
22. Supports the College and Dental Hygiene mission and
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.