Position Summary :
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing and Social Work
Department Chair, the Administrative Assistant will manage
administrative projects with both departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT
NOT LIMITED TO :
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Via the direction of the Director of Nursing and Chair of
Social Work, manage the day-to-day administrative functions and
- Greets visitors and/or students, ascertains their needs,
resolves problems or situations, and directs to appropriate
departments or resources.
- Order office supplies for the team. Process financial
- Complete reservations for a variety of meetings. Manage all
required room set-up and related items (e.g., phone call-in
accommodations, completion of catering orders, etc.).
- Maintains spreadsheets of student data. Provides data
management for accrediting bodies related to faculty
- Types and proofreads confidential correspondence, memoranda,
reports, minutes, etc. ensuring accuracy and completeness. Handles
routine correspondence as necessary.
- Researches, gathers, and compiles data, statistics, and other
information for reports and records. Drafts reports or
- Establishes, maintains and revises confidential recordkeeping
and filing systems. Prepares materials for meeting and
presentations. Uploads and maintains departmental databases.
- Assists with departmental budgetary matters including tracking
expenses and processing check requests and reimbursements.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing
educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings,
and workshops/seminars. Maintains current knowledge and educational
methodologies through continuing professional development.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a
safe manner as identified by Carthage College.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and
core values of Carthage College through behavior and attitude.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
HOW TO APPLY :
- Bachelor’s degree in business/academics and/or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years prior higher education academic administrative
assistant experience preferred.
- Experience with student records software preferred.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the
organization and outside contacts, using a high degree of judgment
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong capability to
manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from
inception to completion.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information,
maintaining credibility through business relationships.
- Ability to work basic mathematical calculations; understand and
use computerized data information such as excel.
- Ability to type 60 wpm and utilize many types of software,
including Google or Microsoft Office Suite.
Applications will be accepted until 11/1/2021. In one pdf document,
all applicants should submit: a resume, three professional
references, and a cover letter describing how their professional
experience makes them qualified for this position. If candidates
have experience working in higher education, we are particularly
interested in how this experience prepares the candidates for this
position. Women, people of color, differently-abled individuals,
veterans, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to
Additional questions can be directed to email@example.com
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of
reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation,
so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a
four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran
tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and
intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin,
midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the
opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful
campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home
to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time
students. Our rich academic experience equips students with
foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be
lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community.
We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including
members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual
orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability.