Adjunct Faculty, Educational Services and Leadership School Administration, School Administration
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 20, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Other Education, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjuncts – College of Education
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, NJ, 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
The College of Education has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The department of Educational Services and Leadership is one of four departments within the College of Education. The department of Educational Services and Leadership houses graduate programs in educational leadership (CPED member), school psychology (NASP approved), counseling in educational settings (CACREP approved), higher education, and school administration and a post-baccalaureate program in school nursing. The College of Education is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The School Administration program in the Department of Educational Services and Leadership is currently searching for qualified, experienced adjunct instructors to teach courses in various school administration topics. These are part-time, adjunct positions with the possibility of renewal on a term by term basis.
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely related to School Administration and/or Educational Leadership
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the graduate level
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive andragogy and social justice in education
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, scholarly inquiry and student learning
- Successful experience in online teaching and learning environments
- A teaching/learning philosophy aligned with the mission of the College of Education
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
Submit a letter of application with a statement of teaching interest, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts and names and contact information of three references (at least one of which addresses teaching ability).
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
All applications should include:
- Resume/curriculum vita
- graduate transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
Advertised: Oct 20 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert