Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine is a
premier academic medical center located in the heart of Richmond.
Accounting for almost half of VCU’s sponsored research, the School
of Medicine is internationally recognized for patient care and
education. VCU School of Medicine comprises 18 clinical
departments, eight basic health science departments, and 11
affiliated institutes and centers, and provides preeminent
education to physicians and scientists in order to improve the
quality of healthcare for humanity. All full-time university staff
are eligible for our generous benefits package that includes
choices for health, vision, and dental coverage, life-insurance,
short and long-term disability coverage, retirement planning,
tax-deferred annuity and cash match programs, flexible spending
accounts, tuition benefits, significant paid-time off,12 paid
holidays, and more. Explore our benefits further here.
The Fiscal Technician provides finance-related customer service and
operational support to the Department of Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation. Duties include managing department and faculty
purchase requests; assisting with travel arrangements and reports;
managing all Banner financial transactions; analyzing expenditures;
tracking faculty funding, including grants and contracts;
reconciling and maintaining transaction records; assisting the
Departmental Records Manager, and other department duties as
Position will remain open until filled.
This is a restricted position with no set end date and continued
employment is dependent upon project need, availability of funding,
The School of Medicine continuously strives for our workplace and
learning environment to reflect the demographic and social milieu
of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience
- Provide fiscal administrative support by preparing and
processing procurement and travel and expense reimbursements.
- Submit purchase orders through VCU Real Source and create
- Prepares and processes deposits from multiple revenue sources
to multiple department entities.
- Responds to and resolves issues regarding invoices, receiving,
and other A/P related matters in a professional, courteous, timely,
and accurate manner.
- Assists with other departmental duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and 0-3 years of relevant experience
or equivalent combination of education, training, and
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret data based on a
working knowledge of state and departmental policies and
- Ability to perform detailed work and arithmetic computations
quickly and accurately.
- Experience using financial recordkeeping and/or procurement
software systems such as Banner Finance or VCU Real Source.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (includes Word,
Excel, PowerPoint), with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft
- Experience with making purchases, coordinating travel, or other
financial responsibilities is preferred
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to multi-task, and
meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in dealing with
faculty, staff, students, and outside constituents
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a
staff member at VCU
Salary Range: up to $38,000
Department: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: Yes
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt