At Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT), the Associate Vice
President for Educational Support (AVPES) is a newly created
position that will be a member of the President’s Cabinet and
executive team. The AVPES has broad oversight for various facets
for the delivery of all academic, workforce, and noncredit
programs. His/her responsibilities include accreditation reporting,
expanding online offerings, assisting with new credit and noncredit
program development, strategic monitoring (LIT Strategic Plan
2020-2025 and TSUS Vision 2025), and other initiatives. S/he may
supervise institutional effectiveness/assessment, Weekend College,
foundation, marketing, learning resources, grant-writing, event
center, and other areas as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with senior staff, division chairs, and
- Implement programmatic ideas, innovative services, fundraising,
and communication tools that increase enrollment, student success,
and better support all educational operations.
- Create instructional policies pertaining to faculty workloads,
performance, and compensation.
- Assist in measuring faculty evaluations, program viability and
review, and student assessment.
- Engage in positive activities that increase the college brand
and community awareness.
- Generate new revenue streams via state and federal grants,
student scholarships, college development, and nonrestrictive
- Ensure the college meets all program, state, and federal
accrediting regulatory requirements and remains compliant with the
guidelines of GIPWE, ACGM, etc.
- Monitor institutional data, actively consult with and make
recommendations to the college president, other senior staff, and
- Assess instructional quality, grade distribution, and improve
- Assist in implementing initiatives such as PLA, NCCER, and
- Must have prior administrative educational experience.
- Must have a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited
- Must have at least seven to 10 years of [full-time] higher
- Served as a director, executive director, associate dean, dean,
- An earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited
- Have community college or technical college experience.
- Knowledge of SACS, THECB, ACGM, and GIPWE
This position requires the ability to: remain in a stationary
position for most of the time; occasionally move about inside an
office to access documents, office equipment, etc.; and constantly
operate a computer or other office equipment, such as a printer or