Dissertation Committee Member for Doctor of Education
California Baptist University, an evangelical Christian university
affiliated with the California Southern Baptist Convention, invites
applications for the following Remote/Online
Dissertation Committee Member
within the degree program,
Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and Administration
, in the Division of Online and Professional Studies.
Candidates must embrace the mission of California Baptist
University and evidence a clear understanding of, and commitment
to, excellence in teaching, scholarship and service through the
integration of the Christian faith and learning.
The mission of the Division of Online and Professional Studies is
to respond to the non-traditional student that balances
professional and family responsibilities while advancing their
education through market driven degree and non-degree academic
programs utilizing the latest technologies in distance education
through faculty who are committed to student’s academic,
professional, and spiritual success.
The Department of Education in the Division of Online and
Professional Studies at CBU is seeking several qualified committee
members to serve on dissertation committees as chair and/or reader
for the Doctor of Education in Organizational Change and
- Earned accredited Doctoral degree in areas of Organizational
Leadership, Education Leadership, Organizational Change, or
- Evidence of practitioner-centered scholarship and experience
mentoring graduate students on theses or dissertations
- One-year of experience chairing dissertation students in
- Commitment to academic excellence and working with diverse
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a leadership position
within one of the job sectors: K-12 Education, Higher Education,
Private/Corporate, or Public/Non-profit.
- Excellent written communication skills, proficiency with most
up-to-date edition of APA, and ability to adhere to deadlines for
dissertation milestones and completion.
- Serve as chair or committee member and support students in the
development of their dissertation.
- Review the dissertation studies providing timely feedback on
the content of the dissertation chapters.
- Prepare the dissertation students for the oral dissertation
defense (Chair only).
- Attend the virtual dissertation defense
- Coaching students to develop the IRB applications and approve
applications prior to submitting the document (Chair only).
- Adhere to expectations and guidelines determined by the
$1100.00 for chair payable upon defense
$550.00 per committee member payable upon defense
Opportunities to teach Doctoral, Master’s, and/or Bachelor’s level
courses may also be an option if/when teaching needs arise.
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Christian Experience Essay