Mailroom Services Manager
The Mailroom Services Manager is responsible for coordinating all
functions of the Lasell University Mail Room.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal
duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and
responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change
the job responsibilities at any time.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE
- Sorts, distributes, and delivers incoming/outgoing mail and
packages for students, faculty and staff.
- Provides superior customer service to entire Lasell
- Delivers all University mail to USPS daily using
- Tracks and records the volume of all incoming/outgoing mail and
- Meters all outgoing U.S. Postal mail and international mail.
Handles all carrier packages incoming/outgoing for USPS., Fed Ex,
- Establishes and maintains good rapport/working relationship
with students, staff and faculty, as well as various carriers.
- Assigns campus mail boxes for resident students and forwards
mail as requested.
- Generates postage expense information for monthly GL
- Maintains inventory of postal supplies for internal
- Repairs/maintains mailboxes.
- Manages Pitney Bowes equipment and relationship, including:
postage meter, tracking software, etc.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization and works
closely with students, staff and faculty both at the counter, over
the phone and through e-mail.
- Advises others of options, interprets procedures, and resolves
- Assists Conference & Event Services and Facilities &
Sustainability Management as Mailroom responsibilities allow during
the summer months.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- High school diploma is required; Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience with postal services and Pitney Bowes
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED BY THE
- Good organization, time management and supervisory skills are
also required. Prior postal experience is preferred, but not
- Valid driver's license and a driving record with no surcharge
events for the past three (3) years are required to drive
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive