Associate Director of Strategic Planning and Monitoring
School of Medicine
Reporting to the Mercer University School of Medicine (MUSM)
Senior Associate Dean for Strategic Planning, Accreditation and
Evaluation, the Associate Director of Strategic Planning and
Monitoring oversees the development, monitoring and evaluation of
MUSM strategic planning goals, objectives, and tactics. This
position provides support for strategic plan development and
tracking, academic program assessment and accreditation, and
co-curricular and outreach program evaluation for MUSM. The
Associate Director of Strategic Planning and Monitoring acts with a
significant degree of freedom with routine management decisions
under the direct supervision of the MUSM Senior Associate Dean for
Strategic Planning, Accreditation and Evaluation.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in
business or a related field and three years of experience in
strategy, business, or continuous quality improvement are required.
The successful candidate must have:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
with all leadership and employee levels within the School of
Medicine and with key individuals in other organizations/agencies
in order to collect and analyze data for dashboarding of the
- Must be able to organize and lead teams of stakeholders, both
in person and in the virtual environment, to work constructively
and productively on planning goals, objectives, tactics and
- Must be able to independently develop key monitoring
- Must be able to manage several data management and reporting
projects and demonstrate flexibility in managing those
- Must maintain a workflow that generates quality, on-time work
- Must be a "team player" with the desire to promote the mission
of MUSM through energetic and effective coordination with
- Must have excellent listening skills, a willingness to learn,
and the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license as
some travel may be required.
Is a criminal background check needed for this position?
Is a credit check needed for this position?
Commensurate with experience
Resume, Cover Letter, References
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should be prepared to answer the following
1. Do you have a bachelor's degree?
2. Do you have a valid driver's license?
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community
and encourages applications from individuals with varied
experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.