AFT PSS2 System Integration Specialist
Are you a dedicated, adaptable, self-starter who enjoys learning
and working with a wide variety of technologies? Rowan University
is seeking an experienced, innovative Systems Engineer to join our
In this position, you will work as a member of the Infrastructure
Services groups that handles the end-to-end management of all
University owned network, server and storage infrastructure. You
will be part of a dedicated and creative team of system engineers
that are responsible for the configuration, operation, and
maintenance of the University's enterprise core critical systems
and services. You will also play a key role in designing and
implementing Rowan’s cloud platform solution and represent
Infrastructure Services on other division and institution wide
projects. We are a collaborative team making a big difference to a
- Design, develop and implement various integrations between
diverse infrastructure services to improve efficiency,
functionality and effectiveness.
- Participate in the design, implementation, troubleshooting, and
maintenance of various infrastructure services at the
- Establish operational procedures and architectural
documentation for services you may work with.
- Propose and implement improvements for the performance,
reliability, or security of services in accordance with industry
- Rapidly deploy approved fixes in response to newly identified
stability and security threats.
- A 4-year degree
- 3 years of professional experience required (preferably in a
technology related field).
- Expert level knowledge with at least one of the following
scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash.
- Experience integrating or automating complex processes using
- At least three years experience working with one (or more) of
the following platforms:
- Load Balancers (NetScaler, F5, etc.)
- LDAP (Active Directory, FreeIPA, etc.)
- Hypervisors (ESXi, XenServer, etc.)
- DNS (Infoblox, AD DNS, etc.)
- Monitoring & Logging (Solarwinds, Splunk, etc.)
- Single Sign-On (CAS, Shibboleth, etc.)
- Proficiency in a command-line environment to develop
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and achieve them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support a 24x7 environment.
Preferred qualifications - We hope to see candidates with one or
more of the following:
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services.
- Experience securing Web Applications (OAuth, SAML, OpenID,
- Experience with Email Security (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.)
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Web Services (REST, SOAP,
- Moderate to advanced SQL (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM)
- Working knowledge of XML and JSON data structures.