EXECUTIVE OFFICE SUPPORT LIASON
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a Executive Office Support
Liason. The Executive Office Support Liaison performs responsible
administrative support of a confidential and sensitive nature for
executive-level administrators, including but not limited to an
Officer of the District (OD), college President or
Working in a fast-paced, highly energized work environment, the
position provides executive-level assistance to an Executive/OD by
performing administrative duties and handling sensitive information
with a high level of confidentiality and integrity. The Executive
Office Support Liaison interacts with administrators, staff,
community representatives, public officials and other individuals
with a high level of professionalism. Performs related duties as
The President's primary responsibility is to provide vision for the
College and continuous leadership and direction for the planning
and operation of all aspects of the College's programs and services
in conformity with City Colleges of Chicago Board policies, ICCB
and IBHE rules and regulations, and State law. The Office of the
President is also responsible for developing, maintaining, and
evaluating the academic programs and student services of the
College and creating a climate which enhances student learning,
stimulates creative approaches to teaching and learning, and
motivates both staff and students to optimum achievement through
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal
arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and
professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the
following core values: accountability, community, diversity,
empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Provides responsible administrative support and performs office
manager functions as directed for the Office of an Executive/OD.
Acts as backup for the Executive Office Manager as directed.
- Provides front desk coverage in the Office of an Executive/OD.
Responds to inquiries and requests for information from visitors
and directs to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries received either in-person, by phone, or
email. Exercises discretion and good judgment in responding and
problem-solving. Consults with appropriate staff as needed.
- Greets and announces visitors arriving at the Office of the
Executive/OD for scheduled meetings or appointments.
- Answers and directs telephone calls, provides general
information, takes messages and routes callers to appropriate
staff. Retrieves messages left on voice mail and directs to proper
- Assists in managing supervisor’s calendar as needed; schedules
meeting and events; and informs supervisor of daily appointment
schedule and commitments.
- Prepares and types correspondence for internal and external
constituents; copies and distributes documents; maintains
spreadsheets and databases. Maintains confidential files, records
and other sensitive information.
- Provides planning and coordinator support for meetings and
events including, but not limited to, executive tours, stakeholder
visits, faculty/staff appreciation receptions. Schedules rooms,
arranges for audio and visual technical support, prepares and
distributes materials, orders food/beverages; and tracks
- Handles incoming and outgoing office mail; opens mail and
directs to appropriate staff; and processes outgoing mail. Receives
and logs incoming signature requests while keeping an accurate
filing system of returned items.
- Performs basic research, compiles data from various sources,
and prepares summary reports as requested.
- Requests and relays information to college administrators and
staff as directed.
- Prepares purchase requisitions to order supplies and equipment.
Reviews invoices and purchase orders for correct charges and
verifies delivery of ordered items.
- May contribute to the preparation of information and documents
for use in collective bargaining agreement negotiations and other
labor relations matters.
- May serve on committees as assigned.
- May maintain and update business reports to include procurement
and requisition reports; budgets and cost reports; event expense
reports; and other management reports.
- Manages or assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college. Bachelor’s
degree or higher preferred
- Three years of experience in an administrative support
- Previous experience supporting executive functions strongly
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into
consideration provided the minimum degree requirement is met
- Must be proficient in the use of Outlook and Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to compose correspondence
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Evidence of excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact with others
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while
pro-actively managing multiple tasks and changing priorities
When applying, please attach your professional resume.
Excellent health benefits at a low cost;
Investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS Retirement Plan;
Generous vacation, holidays, personal and sick days; Tuition
Reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits please
visit our benefits page.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected
as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner!
The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and
Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization
committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and
leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues
in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working
environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of