Woodbury University invites applications
for the Senior VP of Academic Affairs. As the chief academic
officer and number two institutional leader of the University, the
Sr. VP of Academic Affairs will partner with the President in
initiating and implementing necessary innovation and change,
utilizing best practices to provide academic and institutional
excellence resulting in a quality educational, moral, and civic
experience for Woodbury’s highest priority, its students.
This position qualifies for University sponsored employee
benefit plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance, life
insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, annual vacation, sick, and
paid holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and
conditions of each plan and program.
About Woodbury University
Woodbury University, where engagement, innovation and
transformation empower people to accomplish extraordinary things!
Established in 1884 as a small, private, nonprofit institution,
Woodbury University today is located at the heart of the Southern
California creative economy, where it is a major draw for students
locally and globally, who wish to gain access to a rich ecosystem
of expertise and resources. Please follow the link to learn
more about Woodbury University: https://woodbury.edu/about/about-woodbury/facts-and-figures/
- Responsibility for short- and long-term program
- Implementation and monitoring of all academic programs, as well
as other areas critical for the day-to-day functioning of the
faculty and staff.
- Lead the University’s academic enterprise and help to visualize
and refine the University’s academic priorities.
- Implement an inclusive and organic educational vision of
students as whole persons, integrating curricular, co-curricular,
and extra-curricular activities and fostering collaboration among
administrative units with primary responsibility for each
- Help the President in providing vision and leadership to the
President’s Cabinet (consisting of the Vice Presidents, academic
Deans, Dean of the Faculty, and the University Librarian) and
aiding in its continuing function as a collegial and collaborative
- Works closely with the President, VP, Finance & Accounting
and VP, Administrative Services in developing the University’s
operating budget, reflecting its strategic academic and student
- In partnership with the Faculty Association, promote the
continuation and evolution of effective shared governance in the
- Lead accreditation processes for the University as a whole and
accreditation or reaccreditation efforts of individual Schools and
- Implement coordination among the Schools in matters of
curriculum, including the development and assessment of
professional and liberal arts education.
- Serves as liaison between the VP of Administrative Services and
academic and non-academic units in planning of facilities and
allocation of space.
- Collaboration with the VP of Administrative Services provides
leadership, strategic vision, resource management, long-range
planning and overall supervision, administration and advocacy for
the division of Student Affairs.
- Leadership for assessment of institutional learning
- Work collaboratively across departments and schools to
establish, support, and maintain a systematic and consistent
assessment and review framework; facilitate the continued
development of a culture that values evidence-based decision
making; Engage stakeholders in meaningful assessment.
- Facilitate and support progress in diversity, equity, and
- Performing other responsibilities, including supervision and
management of senior executives, as may be assigned by the
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate degree required.
- Must possess the highest integrity and be able to provide
- Experience in academic and administrative leadership.
- Experience in faculty governance.
- Proven experience of new and existing student enrollment
- At least four years of college-level teaching experience.
- Record of achievement at the academic vice president or provost
level, warranting the rank of full professor and the title of
executive vice president.
- Record of strategic leadership and a history of building
- Significant budgetary and planning experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and globalization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Hand/fingers dexterity to work with computers.
- Walking, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to utilize office equipment such as computers and
- Kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing,
- Work with/around and has verbal face-to-face contact with
- Work indoors in an office environment the majority of the
- Complex reading and writing ability.
APPLICATION: Review of applications will
begin immediately and remain open until filled. Submissions must
- Letter of interest that explains how the candidate meets the
- Current resume/CV which lists educational and employment
- Contact information of at least three (3) references
- Statement (1 page maximum) about one of the following topics;
Academic Quality, Student Success, DEI
All application materials must be submitted through
the Woodbury University Job Board.
Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will
not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating
diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for
all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution
committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs.
All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made
on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability,
skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, political orientation, disability,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic
information, membership or non-membership in any lawful
organization, or any other protected status.