The purpose of this class is to provide entry level accounting
support for the College in accordance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles and federal, state and local
Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred. Three
years related accounting experience; knowledge and experience using
Microsoft Office applications with an intermediate to advanced
level of proficiency in Excel. Experience in aviation or flight
operations a plus.
Class Specific Essential Duties
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Assist with and monitor aviation budget, revenue and expense
transactions. Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinate accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and
collection functions for student flight training accounts and
various expense accounts.
- Process financial transactions and tracks reports, PO's,
Invoices, and Journal entries.
- Perform project reconciliations, prepare adjusting
- Analyze data and prepare financial reports.
- Maintain aviation student account files.
- Perform data entry (budget, cash, adjusting)
- Prepare faculty contracts, and provide oversight on contracts
- Perform weekly payroll submission for PT Aviation Flight
- Assist with other departments as needed.
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.