Assistant Professor, full-time, tenure track position in
Industrial Studies-Construction Management.
Responsibilities include undergraduate teaching of courses in,
or related to, construction management, covering a full range from
introductory to capstone levels dependent on applicants'
qualifications and/or experience. Assist in management of the
construction lab that provides unique hands-on experiences in
commercial, residential, and infrastructure construction. The
applicant will assist in oversight of the program and engage
industry stakeholders through advisory board and professional peer
groups. Additional responsibilities include serving as academic
advisor, assisting with maintaining equipment in laboratories,
developing curricula, maintaining professional contacts, engaging
in scholarly activities, research, continued professional
development, and university and community service. Applicants may
be asked to teach courses through alternative delivery methods and
advise relevant student organizations.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree in building construction/construction
- Master's degree in project management or related construction
degree, with 5 years experience in construction industry.
- Demonstrable skills in oral and written communication.
- Observable dedication to undergraduate education; and
ability to work with colleagues in a collegial
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with industry.