Dissertation Committee Member for Doctor of Public
California Baptist University, an evangelical Christian university
affiliated with the California Southern Baptist Convention, invites
applications for the following Remote/Online
Dissertation Committee Member
within the degree program,
Doctor of Public Administration
( DPA ), in the Division of
Online and Professional Studies. Candidates must embrace the
mission of California Baptist University and evidence a clear
understanding of, and commitment to, excellence in teaching,
scholarship and service through the integration of the Christian
faith and learning.
The mission of the Division of Online and Professional Studies is
to respond to the non-traditional student that balances
professional and family responsibilities while advancing their
education through market driven degree and non-degree academic
programs utilizing the latest technologies in distance education
through faculty who are committed to student’s academic,
professional, and spiritual success.
The online Doctor of Public Administration degree program is
designed to take students through a journey that embraces personal,
professional, and spiritual transformation. Students graduating
from the program will be equipped to address issues in a global
context, with the ethical standards of a Christian heritage. In
addition, students will leave the program with the capacity to
self-reflect, think critically, lead and engage others, and make
The Department of History and Government in the Division of Online
and Professional Studies at CBU is seeking several qualified
committee members to serve on dissertation committees as chair
and/or reader for the Doctor of Public Administration program
- Accredited Doctoral degree in areas of social science. Public
- Evidence of scholarship or mentoring of graduate students on
theses or dissertations (preferred).
- Experience chairing dissertation students in the social
- Commitment to academic excellence and working with diverse
- Serve as chair or committee member and support students in the
development of their dissertation in the field of public
- Review the dissertation studies providing feedback on the
content of the dissertation chapters.
- Prepare the dissertation students for the oral dissertation
defense (Chair only)
- Attend the virtual dissertation defense
- Coaching students to develop the IRB applications and approve
applications prior to submitting the document (Chair only)
- Adhere to expectations and guidelines determined by the
$1100.00 for chair payable upon defense
$550.00 per committee member payable upon defense
Opportunities to teach Doctoral, Master’s, and/or Bachelor’s level
courses in Public Administration may also be an option if/when
teaching needs arise.
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Christian Experience Essay