The University of Maryland Alumni Association seeks an organized,
energetic and resourceful candidate to serve as an Alumni Business
Development Coordinator. The coordinator will report directly
to the Chief of Staff & Managing Director, Board Operations at
the Alumni Association. This individual will
independently manage several aspects of the business development
unit and provide high level support for the Alumni Association
Board of Governors that includes events, coordinating visits with
legislators and onboarding new members. This person will
assist in the planning, implementation and analysis of board
meetings, staff meetings, corporate partners and special projects.
They will serve as the point of contact for marketing with
sponsors/partners, as well as the marketing and stewardship of the
Alumni Travel Program. This individual will manage the Legacy Brick
Program to include customer communications, timelines, installation
processes, marketing and strategy. The coordinator will also handle
a variety of administrative duties to ensure the smooth and
successful functioning of the office, including onboarding new
staff and managing the office, taking meeting minutes for internal
meetings, and collecting and inputting data into the database of
record, Ellucian Advance. The Alumni Business Development
Coordinator needs to have great attention to detail, excellent
customer service skills, and the ability to prioritize projects to
meet tight deadlines. Candidates should have some experience
working with donors, boards, or clients.
(include licenses, certifications,
Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of 3 years of
professional work experience, including experience with budget
tracking and project management. Candidates should also have
some experience working with donors, volunteers, boards, or
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven track record of superior performance and demonstrated
ability/desire to increasingly undertake additional
- Superior skills in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a team
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to initiate
and maintain professional relationships, being courteous and
tactful while working across many levels of
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt quickly to a
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and appropriately
both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create and maintain orderly databases and
- Ability to maintain websites and other communication tools such
as listservs and portals.