University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic
University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and
intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in
Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas
Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking applicants for a
full-time Campus Minister. The position reports directly to the
Director of Campus Ministry and is within the Student Affairs
organization. This position will actively contribute towards
furthering our Student Affairs Board of Trustee charges to
strengthen UST's (a) student success efforts and (b) Catholic
mission and faith integration efforts.
The Campus Minister is a ministry position directly involved
with student formation in the areas of Catholic outreach and
spiritual integration of the campus community. This position
develops and implements service opportunities, Hispanic ministry
initiatives, and community events, as well as provides support for
the catechesis of students through the RCIA and Confirmation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pastoral care and spiritual guidance to students on an
- Plan, organize, and facilitate service opportunities for the
UST community in the local, national, and global community,
incorporating theological reflection on principles of Catholic
- Develop and lead the Service Break Experience program, based on
the following five pillars: spirituality, justice, community,
solidarity, and simplicity, including coordination of all trip
logistics and formation of students.
- Provide support and mentorship for the University's Catholic
Relief Services (CRS) Ambassadors chapter.
- Create Catholic community engagement events, including monthly
feast day celebrations, Festival of St. Thomas, annual faith
- Work collaboratively with the Chaplain in supporting and
coordinating Hispanic ministry initiatives, including Spanish small
groups, Mass, and prayer opportunities.
- Assist Director in leading RCIA and Confirmation preparation
for students and, if needed, facilitate catechetical sessions in
- Directly supervise student interns for Service, Justice,
Community Events, and/or Hispanic Ministry.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and on-campus groups
in order to engage students in Campus Ministry activities.
- Advise the Campus Ministry team on various aspects of Catholic
identity for the University.
- Participate in various meetings that help support Campus
Ministry goals and objectives.
- Serve as UST representative on Young Adult and Campus Ministry
activities with the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. May serve as
a representative of Campus Ministry, as requested (e.g. Care Team,
Spiritual Integration Committee, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Divinity, Theology, or Liturgy from an
accredited Catholic university is required. A Master's level degree
preferred. If not already completed, this position would involve
working towards the completion of a Master's degree.
- Incumbent must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with
the Roman Catholic Church.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in ministerial activities
related to the faith development of young adults.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in planning and organizing
various young adult programs related to service, social justice,
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish is strongly
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize
projects and activities.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Possess the enthusiasm, creativity, knowledge, and energy
needed to meet the demands of the position.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the spiritual and pastoral
needs of the targeted age group which they intend to serve.
- Must be reliable and dependable to meet the scheduled work
hours which will include evenings and weekends, as planned.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft
Office suite and other graphic design software (e.g. Canva,
InDesign, Finale, etc.)
- Position will require occasional work during non-traditional
business hours and on Sundays, Holy Days (e.g. Easter, Christmas,
etc.), and weekends at specific events such as service projects,
evening programs, week-long Service Break Experiences, etc.
Physical requirements are those of a normal business office. A
valid driver's license required in order to attend retreats and
other events off-campus.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.