College of Nursing and Public Health
Continuing Education and Simulation Labs
Provides clerical and administrative support for the Director and
Assistant Director of CESiL also for the staff in the labs.
Maintains the lab schedules and coordinates usage of CESiL
classrooms. Assists students with inquiries, problems, and general
CNPH and University policies and procedures.
Our union positions have excellent benefits including Tuition
Remission for the employee, spouse and dependent children. The
salary is $39,473. Pre-employment assessment on Microsoft Word and
or Excel will be conducted. This position is for weekends (8am-4pm)
and evening shift (1pm-9pm) some flexibility in hours
Director of CESiL
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Documentation and Information Management
Communications and Customer Service
- Prepare and print materials such as letters, memoranda, forms,
purchase orders and vouchers, using computers and relevant
- Compose and respond to routine correspondence.
- Proofread and edit documents for accuracy, formatting and
- Use office software packages such as Word and Excel in document
preparation, file maintenance and report generation.
- Collect information or data from various sources; file and
retrieve books, documents and/or data as needed. Update existing
- Create and/or maintain filing systems.
- Maintain departmental records; keep separate confidential
records when instructed.
- Retrieve and format electronic data; compile and merge data
from various media and sources.
- Prepare and process various forms, e.g., admissions forms and
- Prepare charts, graphs, or tables for presentations, reports,
and/or interoffice communications.
- Maintain financial and/or student records and databases, and
update them as necessary.
- Provide information, as directed, to faculty, students,
employees, and the general public.
- Interact with students, staff and administrators throughout the
University to resolve problems.
- Respond to routine inquiries regarding departmental
- Answer telephone calls; screen incoming calls and
forwards/refers calls; assist in maintaining up-to-date mailing and
- Provide receptionist services; schedule appointments; maintain
calendars; refer students, faculty, employees and general public to
proper areas or persons.
- Furnish information on the department's rules and regulations,
- Assist with arrangements for special events, such as
conferences, seminars, guest lectures, fairs, community or
fundraising events. Support responsibilities may involve
reservation of rooms, travel arrangements, catering services,
informing the relevant departments/units, preparation and
dissemination of materials, etc.
- Perform administrative assistant/support services related to
faculty and staff searches, student assignments, and conferences
- Interview and/or supervise student employees, Interns,
- Assist in training new employees in various office duties/use
of office equipment.
- Communicate with other academic or administrative departments
or outside agencies to expedite the processing of paperwork and
departmental tasks or answer inquiries.
- Prepare routine reports, including drafts, using information
received from various sources.
- Verify inventory and supplies reports on request. Order
supplies as needed.
- Assist supervisors in specialized office functions.
- Prepare the department/unit/college mailings within the
department or coordinating with outside vendors, arranging special
mail services when authorized.
- Duplicate, collate and distribute materials. Coordinate the
work of others to produce and distribute materials; confer with
mailroom personnel as needed.
- Assist in preparing and distributing materials such as
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Perform routine upkeep of office equipment, e.g., photocopier,
computer terminals, printers, fax machines.
- May serve on committees when authorized.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency,
- Good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high confidentiality on a
wide range of issues.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Good computer skills for using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel,
Administrative Systems and Email.
- Ability to work with students and colleagues in a diverse
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to open drawers and file paperwork.
- High School diploma is required.
- Associate's Degree in Business or Secretarial skills is
- Two years of secretarial skills are required.
- Student Employees.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2624