Biological Sciences - Anatomy Instructor, Part-time Adjunct
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00 per hour
Various, As Needed
Sick Leave Only
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
This is an adjunct pool that will be used to staff adjunct
instructor assignments during the 2016-2017 academic
The successful candidate will be expected to instruct in discipline
or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or
competence. This assignment may include teaching at off-campus
sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes,
distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Master’s in any biological science;
- Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in
biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science;
- Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time
teaching of Biological Sciences at the California Community College
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience,
and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to
the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates
who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request
and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting
documents must be included with the completed form.
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic,
socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited
institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the
position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific
Standard Time) on Thursday, March 5, 2015 are assured
consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits
or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills,
motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using
multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with
colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12254
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
- Copies of legible transcripts
- Copy of sample syllabi
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to