Financial Aid Assistant - Short-term/Temporary
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$13.16 per hour
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide assistance
and information to students applying for financial aid; perform a
variety of general clerical duties; maintain lists and statistics
related to assigned activities.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school
two years of general clerical
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Operation of a computer, specified software and data entry
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Business letter composition and basic report preparation.
- Learn the financial aid application procedure.
- Maintain accurate and complete files and records.
- Learn and explain the scholarships, grants, loans and awards
available through the college and the requirements of these
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing and duplicating
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Compose correspondence and written materials
- Operate office machines including a computer and specified
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the
position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time
limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12227
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to