Child Development Center Associate Teacher - Cal City,
Substitute & Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$11.49 per hour
Flexible, as needed
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This position will be assigned to the California City center.
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term
temporary hourly positions
Under supervision, provide assistance to the classroom teacher in
the care, development, and instruction of preschool children and
infants in a child development center program.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school
supplemented by twelve semester units of course work in early
childhood education or a related field AND
year of experience working with children in an organized setting.
Possession of, or eligibility to obtain and retain, a Child
Development Associate Teacher Permit
issued by the
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain satisfactory level of progress toward and the
successful completion of the Professional Development requirement
for Permit renewal.
- Completion of pediatric CPR and first aid training through an
accredited or approved program.
- Possession of a current pediatric CPR and first aid
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
- Clear criminal record check including fingerprints.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited
institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Early childhood education programs, practices, and
- Current best practices for inclusive early childhood
- Instructional and tutorial techniques.
- Requirements of maintaining a children’s center in a safe,
clean, and orderly condition.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
- Basic First Aid techniques.
- Develop age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and
- Effectively conduct activities for children.
- Monitor the behaviour of young children and oversee
- Maintain a children’s center in a safe, clean, and orderly
- Apply basic principles and practices of nutrition.
- Administer basic First Aid.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Prepare and servce food in accordance with health and safety
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Thank you for your interest in this position. The screening and
selection process is currently underway and will continue until a
successful candidate is chosen. Should review of your
qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you
will be contacted.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization
to work in the United States. Work authorization should be
established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12258
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to