Child Development Center Teacher - Cal City, Substitute and
Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$14.71 per hour
Flexible, as needed
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Cerro Coso College
This position is assigned to the California City center
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term
temporary hourly positions.
Under supervision, provide for the care, development, and
instruction of preschool children and infants years in a child
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate’s degree from an
accredited college in early childhood education work or a related
one year experience working with
children in an organized setting. Possession of, or eligibility to
obtain and maintain, a Child Development Teacher
issued by the California Commission on Teacher
Licenses and other requirements:
- Maintain satisfactory level of progress toward and successful
completion of the professional development requirement for
- Completion of pediatric CPR and first aid training through an
accredited or approved program.
- Possession of a current pediatric CPR and first aid
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
- Clear criminal record including fingerprint.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited
institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Early childhood education programs, practice and
- Current best practices for inclusive early childhood education
- Instructional and tutorial techniques.
- Requirements of maintaining a children’s center in a safe,
clean, and orderly condition.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
- Basic First Aid techniques.
- Plan and direct the activities of a child development center
indoor and outdoor environments.
- Oversee and direct the work of Associate Teachers, CDC
Assistants, volunteers, students, and interns.
- Develop age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and
- Effectively conduct activities for children.
- Monitor the behavior of young children and oversee
- Maintain a children’s center in a safe, clean, and orderly
- Apply basic principals and practices of nutrition.
- Administer basic First Aid.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12259
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, as applicable
- Copy of permit, as applicable
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to