Child Development Center Teacher - IWV, Substitute and
Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$14.71 per hour
Flexible, as needed
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term
temporary hourly positions.
Under supervision, provide for the care, development, and
instruction of preschool children and infants years in a child
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate’s degree from an
accredited college in early childhood education work or a related
one year experience working with
children in an organized setting. Possession of, or eligibility to
obtain and maintain, a Child Development Teacher
issued by the California Commission on Teacher
Licenses and other requirements:
- Maintain satisfactory level of progress toward and successful
completion of the professional development requirement for
- Completion of pediatric CPR and first aid training through an
accredited or approved program.
- Possession of a current pediatric CPR and first aid
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
- Clear criminal record including fingerprint.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited
institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Early childhood education programs, practice and
- Current best practices for inclusive early childhood education
- Instructional and tutorial techniques.
- Requirements of maintaining a children’s center in a safe,
clean, and orderly condition.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
- Basic First Aid techniques.
- Plan and direct the activities of a child development center
indoor and outdoor environments.
- Oversee and direct the work of Associate Teachers, CDC
Assistants, volunteers, students, and interns.
- Develop age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and
- Effectively conduct activities for children.
- Monitor the behavior of young children and oversee
- Maintain a children’s center in a safe, clean, and orderly
- Apply basic principals and practices of nutrition.
- Administer basic First Aid.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Thank you for your interest in this position. The screening and
selection process is currently underway and will continue until a
successful candidate is chosen. Should review of your
qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you
will be contacted.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization
to work in the United States. Work authorization should be
established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12261
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to