Child Development Center Teacher - Substitute and Short-term
Temporary Hourly Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$14.42 per hour
This position is not eligible for benefits.
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term
temporary hourly positions.
Under supervision, provide for the care, development, and
instruction of preschool children and infants years in a child
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate’s degree from an
accredited college in early childhood education work or a related
one year experience working with
children in an organized setting. Possession of, or eligibility to
obtain and maintain, a Child Development Teacher
issued by the California Commission on Teacher
Licenses and other requirements:
- Maintain satisfactory level of progress toward and successful
completion of the professional development requirement for
- Completion of pediatric CPR and first aid training through an
accredited or approved program.
- Possession of a current pediatric CPR and first aid
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
- Clear criminal record including fingerprint.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited
institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a
screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to
limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum
qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Early childhood education programs, practice and
- Current best practices for inclusive early childhood education
- Instructional and tutorial techniques.
- Requirements of maintaining a children’s center in a safe,
clean, and orderly condition.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
- Basic First Aid techniques.
- Plan and direct the activities of a child development center
indoor and outdoor environments.
- Oversee and direct the work of Associate Teachers, CDC
Assistants, volunteers, students, and interns.
- Develop age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and
- Effectively conduct activities for children.
- Monitor the behavior of young children and oversee
- Maintain a children’s center in a safe, clean, and orderly
- Apply basic principals and practices of nutrition.
- Administer basic First Aid.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the
position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time
limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12269
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts
- Copy of permit, as applicable
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to