Counselor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60 per hour
2021 - 2022 academic year
Sick leave only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time
adjunct positions for the 2021 - 2022 academic years.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide a full range
of counseling services and/or instruction in student development
This assignment may include counseling/teaching during the day or
evening, weekends, large classes, distance learning and multiple
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical
psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational
counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family
therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling,
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the above and a license as a marriage
and family therapist (MFT);
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience,
and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to
the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates
who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request
and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting
documents must be included with the completed form.
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic,
socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with
(NOTE: A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an
alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5,
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the Porterville College mission, vision, and
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills,
motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using
multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with
colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and
- Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14959
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to