Teaching Assistant, Main Campus Substitute and Short-term
Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$21.35 per hour
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide individual
and group instructional services in a subject area; prepare,
distribute and discuss grades and examinations with students;
provide complex clerical assistance to the teaching staff.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree supplemented by
course work in education or a related field AND
tutoring experience in an educational setting and/or in a subject
related to the assignment.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and
- Basic instructional methods.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic math.
- Subject matters related to the assignment.
- Operation of audio-visual and instructional equipment including
- Apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and
- Understand and explain department and program objectives and
- Assist teachers with a variety of programs.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, duplicating and
maintaining routine records.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Operate a variety of audio-visual, instructional and office
equipment including a computer.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13765
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to