Medical Terminology and/or Life Span Development, Part time
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more
information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or
your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time
Bakersfield College offers college courses in the greater
Bakersfield area, rural communities, correctional facilities and
high schools using the following modalities: face-to-face, hybrid,
online and/or interactive broadcasts These courses may include
teaching at various locations, different times, and with different
The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in
Medical Terminology and/or Lifespan Development, 1-2 days per week,
afternoon and/or evenings, weekends, and/or large sized
Other duties include: participating in student recruitment and
articulation of programs for Allied Health; maintaining subject
matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer
and multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program
level outcomes; collegially participating in department, college,
and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Possession of a valid credential, with authorizes the full-time
teaching of at the California community college level;
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years relevant healthcare work
- Any associate’s degree and six years relevant healthcare work
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience,
and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to
the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who
feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must
an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be
included with the completed form.
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic,
socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions
(Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the
United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be
evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the
position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time
limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any
Completed application packet must include:
- Knowledge of, and commitment to the California Community
College Mission, Vision, and Values
- Commitment to student learning.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in
an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning, and
service to a diverse student population
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of
skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals.
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered
via different modalities
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation
activities with local schools, colleges and universities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to maintain subject matter currency.
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to adopt new
technologies that support student success.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate
in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13723
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to