Industrial Drawing Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of
assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more
information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or
your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff assignments
during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in
a full range of industrial drawing courses.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and
two years of
- Associate’s degree AND six years of
- Possession of a valid credential which
authorizes full-time teaching of Architecture at the California
Community College level;
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of
education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may
be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these
positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent
qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
Supporting documents must be included with the completed
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic,
socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited
institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening
committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the
number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications
for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills,
motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using
multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with
colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is
filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or
reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13697
Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community
College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to